Tara MacInnis from the Peachtree Inn has some great ideas...
1. When driving always have an emergency kit including blankets & water.
2. Always have a tag on all of your luggage with name address, phone & cell numbers or at least your name, phone & cell number so if we find luggage left in your room we can call your cell in hopes of catching you on time. There has been several occasions were the only number we have on hand is the land line number and because you are traveling we cannot reach you.
3. Insure that you have health coverage when traveling outside your residence as breaking your ankle could cost thousands if you do not have the proper coverage.
4. Always make sure that someone is picking up your mail & newspapers from your home while you are away as to not attract any unwanted attention to your home.
5. Always leave emergency contact numbers along with your planned itinerary & any planned stops you may be making along the way when traveling make sure that someone knows where you are going & your planned stops along the way. This will ensure that someone knows where you are and what you are planning on doing in case of any emergency’s the traveler or the person watching your home may have.