Tuesday, April 27, 2010
As Summer approaches, and the thought of fresh strawberries comes to mind, I thought it would be a great time to remind everyone about the Local Foods Local Chefs initiative.
Kingston is a city that promotes the use of local food and lots of restaurants, hotels and other businesses have embraced this. The objectives of the initiative are as follows:
* To increase sales of local food at the Kingston Farmers Market
* To increase the number of downtown restaurants and shops featuring local food
* To build regional market opportunities for the local food industry
* To develop Kingston as an authentic culinary tourism destination
* To increase consumer awareness of local foods
My favourite local food treat is a strawberry-apple smoothie! What's yours?
Monday, April 26, 2010
Kingston was hit with Elton fever last week when the Elton John concert was announced and tickets for the big show at the K-Rock Centre went on sale. The line up for tickets was around the block and they sold out in about 10 minutes!
Luckily we managed to get some tickets and will be inviting down my mother to watch the show with us. Hopefully the race to book hotel rooms isn't as crazy and she can find a spot at her usual favourite the Holiday Inn.
Did you get your tickets? Is there another big show at the K-Rock Centre your looking forward to? Let me know!