Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lipizzaner!

Back in Kingston for the weekend and I had a special treat lined up for me, tickets to the World Famous Lipizzaner Stallions. These are snow white horses that perform “Airs Above Ground” basically they dance! As a horse enthusiast I enjoyed the show and recognized the amazing measure of control both horse and rider needed. As I watched the show I couldn’t help but think how Kingston, one of my favourite cities has grown over the years, yet stayed very much the same.

The show was held in one of Kingston’s newest facilities, the state of the art K-Rock Centre; which is situated right downtown, about five minutes from where I was staying at Hotel Belvedere. Hotel Belvedere is a very nice spot with lots historic elements that make spending a couple of nights there interesting and comfy. So as Kingston is making all sorts of advancements as a vibrant hot spot it’s surprising to find the celebrated history of the city seems to blend right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment