Tuesday, April 27, 2010
As Summer approaches, and the thought of fresh strawberries comes to mind, I thought it would be a great time to remind everyone about the Local Foods Local Chefs initiative.
Kingston is a city that promotes the use of local food and lots of restaurants, hotels and other businesses have embraced this. The objectives of the initiative are as follows:
* To increase sales of local food at the Kingston Farmers Market
* To increase the number of downtown restaurants and shops featuring local food
* To build regional market opportunities for the local food industry
* To develop Kingston as an authentic culinary tourism destination
* To increase consumer awareness of local foods
My favourite local food treat is a strawberry-apple smoothie! What's yours?