Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Plenty of Choices

More than two years ago, I began having to follow a very restricted diet that eliminated wheat, [cow] dairy, raw foods, and anything containing caffeine or alcohol, unless the alcohol had burned off during the cooking process. I can eat dairy products made from goat or sheep's milk, and coconut milk isn't really milk, it just looks like it. You might think "Ah, I guess she'll never be able to eat out." You'd be wrong when it comes to restaurants in Kingston.
With so many choices, especially in Asian or Greek-themed restaurants, I can always find somewhere to eat. Among many of the "fast food" establishments, I'm pretty much out of luck, but again, things are changing. There are now Asian and Greek-themed fast food choices. So I can pick up something to go, or sit down for a quick bite. There are other restaurants offering a varied menu that may not have a specific theme that I can sometimes find something I can eat. My point here is that Kingston has so much to offer, that no matter what your taste, or if like me, you have to restrict certain foods, you can find somewhere to eat.
I won't name specific restaurants, because I don't want to limit my choice, or yours. The neat thing about Kingston is that you find these places in the oddest of locations--on side streets, strip malls, and larger shopping centres. One caution though--some are quite small, so if you're going on a Friday or Saturday night, you might be out of luck, unless you go early. But if you get turned away because of a lack of seating, there's probably another spot close by. Bon Apetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment